February 11, 2007

The Picture Post

I finally had enough time to take some pictures in between running around. I think I resized them so they will look okay once they are published, the problem I had the last time was that they looked fine during the preview, but got squished once published. I have learned my lesson, and hopefully these won't look quite so awful.

First up are the finished, but ugly mittens, hat and waffle scarf. It hasn't gotten above freezing here in NJ, so waffle scarf & I are best buddies. I think I'm also drawn to the scarf because I've got a pair of matching mittens and hats. I probably look ridiculous, but I love to match.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are the ugly mittens. Really, only the right one is ugly, they were both used with the same yarn, on the same needles. After the ribbing, which was done holding one strand of yarn (normal) I doubled up the strands for the palm/fingers. The right mitten's thumb is extremely ugly - I know - I haven't had the chance to rip it out and redo it. I should also mention I changed the colors on purpose.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah, the hat. Customary with my "knitting by the seat of my pants" I haven't weaved the ends in on the hat. I love this hat, I wear it alllllll the time. The only thing I may do is add and icord to keep it on my head. It has a habit of sliding off, its not a "tight" fitting hat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is the hat and mittens underneath the waffle scarf. I couldn't get a good picture of the scarf, I'm going to throw another picture on here of the scarf alone, but I don't think it adequately shows off the beauty of the scarf. It is very possibly my favorite scarf I've knit to date. The scarf was done on size 8 straights, I forget how many stitches I cast on, but I changed knitting/purling every five stitches to start off with, and made each "square" about five rows long.
'Cause I'm visual:
xxxxxoooooxxxxxooooo
xxxxxoooooxxxxxooooo
xxxxxoooooxxxxxooooo
oooooxxxxxoooooxxxxx
oooooxxxxxoooooxxxxx

It is so pleasing to my eyes, I love it.
Here's a picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Its a rather long scarf, I want to say five feet long? But I could be wrong. Now I need to know... I'm measuring..



Okay - It measures at 7 inches wide, and with my best guestimation, six feet long. My physical person is 5' 1/2" tall (each half inch counts, shush), and if I hold one end with my hand, and put my arm over my head, and the other end is touching the ground.. I think its like six feet. I know, I'm so accurate it just kills me hahaha.

In other news, I GOT MY SURPRISE! Ohhhhhhh! Yeah I got it! The day after I swore I was being patient, it came in the mail and OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, its so wonderful. I took a few quick pictures, they are not the best, but what I got, is so beautiful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Inca Alpaca yarn, and a Lantern Moon measuring tape - oh my goodness, I almost fell over when I saw it! My camera captured the color fairly well, I noticed also that it depends on how I look at my screen, but its the most rich color of green. I love green!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A magazine! Which had a lot of cute stuff:) There was also candy, but I ate it. Thank you, Lynne! Thank you so much!! :)!

I realize the pictures may be ridiculously huge again, but I finally got them up and I don't care. I'll have to play with photo shop this week and figure out how to make them smaller. I found a cool thing online, but I forgot to book mark it. ::sigh:: Sorry about not posting sooner, I should have a better handle on time management as the semester goes on. Wooooo presents!

Jersey!


PS: I realize you can't see half of the mitten picture. I'm going to try and fix it, but right now I need to walk away from the computer before I throw it out the window. Give me a few hours...

No comments: