December 30, 2007

Happy New Year!

Last night, I finally finished the super surprise knitted Christmas present for the boyfriend. Problem is, I am on vacation, and I haven't really figured out how to link up camera for pictures, as I've been wearing it despite the beautiful 80 degree Florida weather.

I'm visiting my Dad and I had the best Christmas since before my parents got divorced. It took them a year to get divorced, starting and ending a few weeks before Christmas during my junior-senior years in highschool (about 2002-2003). Since 2002, my Christmases have been crappy, running back and forth between parents, being overall sad and/or depressed and hating Christmas. This year was slightly different from years past, I flew down to Florida before Christmas (usually I wait and fly after) and the boyfriend and his family are practically my second family, and they love Christmas.

Perhaps it was spending all that time with the boyfriend and his family, or maybe it was spending Christmas Eve and Day with my Dad (we are really close, considering the 1300 miles) who I haven't seen since August, or maybe removing myself from the Christian faith enough for me to get through a Christmas without crying, pouting, being sad, depressed or overall miserable and actually enjoying the holiday, the way I used to.

Or maybe I'm just older and its easier to move on as I get older and the painful memories aren't as close as they used to be.

Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a very happy New Year. Don't drink and drive, and don't let your friends, family or strangers do it either. Stay safe and keep knitting:) I hope to have the Boyfriend Scarf up on Ravelry and here on KnitBlog, but we'll see how soon that is.

Next project: Knucks! from Knitty:)

Happy New Year!
Jersey

No comments: