May 20, 2009

The Longest Semester

I have been finished with school for one full week today. I have not knit anything since January. I tried knitting during March but I got about three or four rows done before I was called back to do endless amounts of homework. This semester, was the longest, and most stressful semester I have had. Evah.

Good news is that I had some fingerless mitts to get me through the forever winter here in NJ as well as an awesome hat I knit myself about two days before the lacrosse season started. Lacrosse was good, it got old fast, I was a captain this year, this was my last year playing as well. I'm looking forward to getting back to knitting.

I did alot this semester, that was nonknitting related and I am very proud of myself. Even though I know no one reads this thing, I feel like I'm a really slow knitter, and I seem to thrive off projects that move quickly, because I can see progress ha! So what should I do about that? I want to get into sock knitting really badly, as I've knit a full pair of socks already but I don't know how that would work because I am SO SLOW.

Anyway I had plans to goto the Maryland S&W Festival but they fell through because I became extremely broke. I am still broke but I'm trying to use the yarn in my stash because I have quite a bit, and I don't have the money to buy more. I have 9million items on my queue on Ravelry and I'm trying to pick something and start knitting. That's my goal anyway. Kind of lacking (yet again!) in money to spend on classes, but I'm wondering if maybe I can pay for like, lessons on a individual basis to precisely learn how to knit socks. I've done it, I'm just not comfortable with it, ya know?

thats it - i'm going to start working on my hat or something because I have work at 5 and that means I have about an hour and a half before I need to totally peace from my room and knitting.

jersey


and how is queue pronounced? like, "quay" (rhymes with gay) or like 'que' in barbeque?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like in barbecue, or just the letter Q.
I'm trying to just knit from my stash right now too; I kinda have enough yarn for three sweaters, at least 3 pairs of socks, and various other projects though. I think I'll be good for a while, lol.

And I totally read your blog, while I fail to update mine. I should do that tomorrow.

Suzanne said...

I wish we lived in the same area instead of a couple hours apart! I'd teach you to knit socks for free, because knitting socks is a drug that should be shared. I love socks. A lot.