May 05, 2007

Feliz Cinco De Mayo, Amigas!

Not that I drink or am Mexican, but Feliz de Cinco de Mayo amigas! [I say amigas because I doubt that too many dudes are checking out my knitblog] But just in time for a great drinking holiday, I made a beer cozy on size 6 double pointed needles.

I'm so excited about this because I haven't had a "product" to show in a long time. This particular cozy took me about two hours, and I've made two more. This cozy, the first one, is made from two strands of DK weight, hand painted, super wash merino I purchased in Rhinebeck Oct 2005. I had it left over from a hat I made.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The recipient is a the local beer pong champion among my friends, and he is very excited about his cozy. Since this one is a little wild, I've decided that I'm going to make a more "manly" version and cross stitch his initials on it. He's thrilled, which makes me thrilled because the last time I knit for anyone, I wanted to crawl into a cave and die.

Get a designated driver if you plan to enjoy some margaritas today :)

1 comment:

mikev said...

I Love it! Jersey Knits you are amazing i cant wait to see more of your work