May 08, 2007

Precious Illusions

I won an ebay auction for 5, 9" bamboo double pointed needles in sizes 1-11.

Now that I've said that out loud I realize exactly how many needles I'm going to be receiving and I think I may need to find a storage solution before they get here from California. The exciting part of all of this is that I'm going to try my first socks as soon as I get paid from my job. Funny thing is, I'm still job hunting.

Tomorrow is the end of the semester, thank all that is wooly and warm. I'll have pictures of the needles when they get here. I have fallen in love with double pointed needles, friends. I figure if I'm going to get a whole bunch, I prefer bamboo or wood. I own a pair of metal size 6's and I'm not that fond of them. Plus, I think I got my In The Mail Needles at a really good price, even paying shipping.

I've rediscovered Alanis Morissette. I used to love her in the late 90's, especially the Jagged Little Pill and Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. Her more latest musical endeavors were lost on me at the time. I don't know what happened, but I love them now. I don't usually talk music on KnitBlog but when she came out with this parody it got me thinking.




A lot has been said about this video, and if you know anything about what Alanis has done in the past, this is a very "out of character" video for her. I found it interesting and I'm passing it along.

In other news, some lunatics tried to take over Fort Dix, and our governor has finally recovered from his horrendous car crash on the Garden State Parkway. Jim McGreevey, the former governor who publicly came out of the closet, to the world almost three years ago, has published a book, and very soon his ex-wife will be publishing her own book.

Sometimes I think New Jersey is about on par with California when it comes to ridiculous things making the news.

I'll have pictures next post of a whole bunch of bamboo DPNs....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! You've gotten through the semester again. What yarn are you using for your socks? If you have not purchased any, may I send you some of mine? I have a lot and I'd really love to gift you for getting through it all again.