April 02, 2007

I Bought the Book

I realized my beach reading was dwindling, and instead of reading about things like how to put on makeup and what's "in" fashion and who had nose jobs, I broke down and bought the latest Yarn Harlot book. Funny thing is I never read it on the beach, I read it instead of working on my sweater or while I sat in the lenai (Florida's term for a screened in porch on the back of the house) just, hanging out waiting for dinner. I read it before bed and while eating breakfast.

I finished it this morning, and I really, truely enjoyed it. I didn't think I'd like it, but I started reading it in Barnes and Noble and I made my way through quite a few pages, I decided its probably time to find a cashier and find the rest of my party.

I think I've also come to realize that I need to learn to accept that the people in my area of general residence are among people who can fondly look back at 1985 because they had a great haircut and unlike my family, not because my snarky ass was born.

I've got four and a half rows left to go before I put the shoulders/arms on hold. I've been thinking that maybe I should put the shoulders/arms on currently not-in-use circular needles. I also haven't been to visit my Dad's local yarn shop, although I may do that today or tomorrow. The problem with visiting is that I'll want to buy more yarn, and after the Burnt Orange Cotton Skien mishap, I'm not sure that I really want or need anymore yarn. At least until I chisle away a few of my upcoming projects. A few of those are: cotton bag from (page 84?) Interweave Knits, ear flap hat and mittens, dog sweater, baby blanket, additional KoolAid dyed earflap hat, mitten and MAYBE scarf, entrelac scarf, mittens... perhaps another sweater.

Ok - off to the waterpark. Hope the weather is just as nice where you are!


Disclaimer: Firefox/Mozilla corrects my spelling as I type away. My dad does not have Firefox/Mozilla web browser, but continues to use Internet Explorer, which I will never understand....

No comments: