April 08, 2007

Two Years

Two years ago I sat in my grandmothers kitchen in between [Easter] dinner and dessert working on one of my first knitted objects. It was supposed to be a bookmark. At one point my mom looked over and asked me if I was knitting a penis holder.

My face turned red and I was so embarrassed I ripped it out by the end of the day. But I was knitting along and I was really proud I had something to show for my efforts. Today I counted my sweater stitches. I have two more rows before the arms go on a stitch holder or random left over circular needles. I also made a key lime pie, which is probably my favorite type of pie. I made the crust from scratch, I even found ceramic pie weights at a store that's closing near me and only one part of my crust looked kind of crappy. I'm really proud of my crust. This is the third pie I've ever made, crust & all. I've made key lime filling and just stuck it in a store bought graham cracker crust.

In extreme delayed response to Nikki (her blog is Knitensity) I actually left FIT while the Harlot was on stage taking questions. I was hungry and grumpy and my boobs are simply too small for anything to be written on. I wanted to ask, but I think I'd need some implants so Stephanie could actually put a letter or two on my boobs.

I apologize Nikki, but a pair of A's would not have done the trick. I also take no offense to your reference of my very tiny rack ;)

Hope you had a good Easter, or a good Sunday. I'll have a more yarn and knitting related post later in the week.

...I hope.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Oh, so that's when you left. Everybody left me, all alone. :( I was all like "I'm gonna meet so many people, we're gonna hang out, I'm gonna be with the cool kids." Apparently I didn't get the memo. ;-) Maybe next time I fly into Newark, huh?

The last dessert-type thing I baked was a box mix cake about 15 years ago! You should be proud.