March 06, 2007

The Pre-NYC post

This a hold-me-over post until I have enough time to sit down and tell you about my plans for the end of the month, in the city that never sleeps. I used to be afraid of the city, for no real reason. I suppose as a child the city (I'm speaking about New York) it was a really big place to get kidnapped. We visited every so often, as I barely live two hours away. I also happen to live about two hours away from Philadelphia, which I liked much more than the city. Here in New Jersey that's what we call it, proximity, blah blah blah. I always found Philly to be more welcoming although I believe the crime is worse in Philly than NYC but I digress.

Only recently have I seemed to quell my fear of the city. I have a friend who travels there often to do work, and I tagged along with him on a trip or two. I fell in love. When you sit down and think about it, Manhattan has everything. Chipotle, yarn stores, a thousand different other restaurants, colleges, museums.. It is alot of living packed, sardine style, onto an island. I believe I've only ever visited Manhattan, so I can't speak about the other boroughs.

That said, I sat down and tried to think of all the stuff I could possibly want to do, and want to see and still make it in time for The Harlot's general talking to. I've got quite a few things up my sleeves and we will see if, well, first of all if I go. Secondly if I can get all my things done and thirdly, yarn.

On an Idol note.... fellow Jersey girl Antonella Barba is giving us a bad name. A really bad name. That's all I'm going to say.

-jerseyy!

No comments: